Tesla is accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Revolutionary strategies and products were developed within a few years and successfully launched on a large scale. This is only possible through extraordinary speed, innovation and efficiency.
Gigafactory Berlin forms the perfect basis for rolling out Tesla's incredible success story in Europe. The most important pillar for this are our employees. Their passion, motivation and engagement ensure that we achieve our goals. We are looking for you to continue and expand this success story together.
The internship assignment
You will get to know the purchasing process of a large Corporation, and you will learn how to navigate working with internal stakeholders to balance the needs of the business while maintaining sound procurement practices. You will get to know supplier negotiation tactics and how to minimize commercial risk to buyers. Therefore, you will directly support a team of 4 Global Supply Managers and will have some independent projects.
Learning goals & Tasks
- Support day-to-day manufacturing equipment purchasing needs for Giga Berlin
- working with Manufacturing Engineers to define equipment specifications
- sending out RFQ's
- coordinating supplier responses
- analyzing bids, negotiating pricing and payment terms with suppliers
- ensuring all proper contractual paperwork is in place
- supplier onboarding
- issuing PO´s
- following up on invoice approvals
- Preferably studying in the field of supply chain, business, industrial engineering or similar
- Skilled in using standard Microsoft Programs
- Fluent in English and German
- First experience in relevant fields is a plus