The Teaching Apprenticeship Programme (TAP) can provide you with the opportunity to gain Qualified Teacher Status within a school community. The successful candidate will work as part of a secondary school located in the Midlands aiming to transform the lives of their students through learning. This apprenticeship uses a practical, hands-on approach, where regardless of your experience working with young people you can benefit from quality training, valuable experience and support from qualified teachers throughout your year as a Trainee Teacher.
This programme would involve you working in a secondary school from the beginning, aided and assessed by in-house mentors and a visiting tutor and building up to teaching classes, up to 80% of your timetable in your final terms, and making lesson plans. You will progress at a pace that suits you - allowing you to develop and grow as a teacher and build your confidence whilst being supported along the way.
In addition to this, a Trainee Teacher will be paid in line with an unqualified teacher and there are no course fees involved, meaning you can focus on your training and your students rather than covering your costs. You can challenge yourself whilst getting the satisfaction of seeing the results and development of your students first hand.
Requirements to be a trainee teacher on our programme:
- Completed a Bachelor of Honours in a relevant degree to the subject you wish to teach (preferably a 2.1 or above)
- Right-to-work full-time in the UK without restriction; you need to have been ordinarily resident in the UK, EU or EEA these last three years (since April 2018) for eligibility
- GCSE's C or above in English, Science and Math's (or equivalent)
- A commitment to make a difference and the ability to inspire and motivate
- Previous experience working with young people is desirable
- The ability to support, challenge and inspire students - encouraging them to be their best
- A strong classroom presence to achieve high levels of student engagement, and behaviour management