Up to 6-month internship, starting as soon as possible
If you're an engineering student looking to gain real world experience in product development, utilizing the full range of your technology skills then this internship could be a great opportunity for you.
Based in Betzdorf (Luxembourg), you will become part of the Video Product team and contribute to develop tools for scanning DTH DVB signals and identifying running connected TV services, frameworks and applications such as HbbTV and other interactive TV experiences. The tools created should also be capable of generating reports on changes in channels, new service up/down, identify new channels and running apps.
Your responsibility will be to develop with your team, a tool for improved navigation through TV and radio services and allow SES to collect data and provide additional features to satellite distribution. Therefore, your tasks will be the following:
- Review existing TV and STB applications
- Analyze requirements for the consumer added value experience
- Implement the applications with an objective to achieve performance, interoperability and good user experience
- Participate in milestones definition and project review meetings
- Demonstrate and present the result of the project
- Deliver comprehensive documentation for the project
- Being an advanced communications and information systems student in Computer Science or Engineering;
- Hands on Linux, DVB cards, being able to write scripts, analyze logs, potentially create reports and dashboard (setting up webservices);
- Experience in using audio and video coding tools is considered as an asset;
- Strong interest in TV or set top box designs;
- Easiness to communicate at all levels;
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages considered as an asset;
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
We are leaders in global content connectivity solutions. Leveraging an extensive and intelligent network of satellites and terrestrial infrastructure, we design, deliver and manage comprehensive video and data solutions which help our customers connect more people in more places with the world’s most valuable content.
We enable broadcasters to reach more viewers on any screen; mobile network operators to expand into uncharted markets; peacekeepers to share real-time intelligence; passengers to work and play online; and communities in even the most remote places on Earth to access entertainment, knowledge, and opportunity.
We do the extraordinary in space, to deliver amazing experiences everywhere on Earth. Because when the world is empowered with high-quality content and connectivity, billions of stories suddenly have infinite possibilities.
So where do you want your story to go?