We are Emma - The Sleep Company. One of Europe's fastest-growing startups, we are now the world's leading D2C sleep brand. In 2020 our revenue grew from €150 to €405 million. We're pushing the boundaries of technology to transform the world of sleep. And we want your help to pull it off.
But Emma isn't for everyone. We're a highly ambitious, hard-working team that pushes you to produce your best work yet. We don't want average, we want high-performers who chase growth and set ambitious goals. Want your ideas to have impact and your career to grow? Then Emma is the right place for you.
This is what you'll do:
- At Emma you will be part of an empowered product team that discovers, builds, markets, and runs an entirely new product line of smart mattress products, combining our strong expertise in award-winning mattresses with innovative digital value propositions, to improve people's sleep.
- As the Product Manager, you'll own Emma's smart mattress and mobile app products' business case, develop its vision, and translate it from strategy to feature implementation, making it commercially successful in mass-markets.
- Being the prime counterpart for all internal and external stakeholders for your product.
- Strongly contributing and steering the product discovery process to understand the problem to solve (define the WHAT) and develop a business case for commercial viability.
- Working with external partners for sourcing and co-development of components.
- Ensuring close collaboration between the team's product design, UI/UX and software engineering members, who implement the HOW.
- You and your team deliver prioritized features against a jointly worked out roadmap, based upon business impact and with defined milestones.
- Applying business and technical foresight and agility by adapting your strategy and roadmap based on feedback gathered in frequent, 'small bet' tests.
- You own and develop artifacts of product discovery (e.g. value proposition canvas, product vision board, user story maps, ...) and transform them into valuable input for the user stories jointly worked upon in the product's backlog.
- Continuously improving your product through insights derived from meaningful data acquired.
- Helping to find the team's balance between being pragmatic + fast vs. building technical debt.
- Actively engaging with the team to find solutions when it encounters impediments and blockers.
This is what you'll bring to us:
- 5+ years of experience and a proven track record in building user-facing tech products in an agile manner, ideally in the Smart / Embedded Devices industry.
- Deep understanding and experience in product discovery methodology, instruments, and practices and closely coupled delivery in a 'dual track agile' model.
- Strong personal resilience and lateral leadership guiding a tech product team on the 'snaky path' of product discovery in a novel product category.
- Vision and pragmatism building the foundations of a new and disruptive Sleep Tech business.
- Strong business sense and understanding of what makes a mass-market product commercially successful.
- Good understanding of Design Thinking, Lean Management and Agile methodologies.
- Strong expertise in utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to validate hypotheses and drive decisions in continuous discovery.
- Ability to write technical requirements (i.e. Epics and User Stories), develop business models, and define operational requirements and processes.
- Close attention to detail and evangelism to explain to others.
- Ability to work in situations with high level of uncertainty; you adapt to our highly agile, sometimes volatile, environment and embrace change.
- Analytical mindset, strong thought leadership, excellent people and stakeholder management skills.
- Lateral leader with exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Professional Business English is a must; German is a strong plus
- Focus on business outcomes rather than output or input.
- Role model for your team applying Emma's cultural DNA, fostering your team's motivation
- Thinks like an entrepreneur, i.e. you are the CEO of your product.
This is what we offer:
- Always agile: We hypothesize, validate and implement incrementally - every day. And sometimes we take a leap to the next level!
- Highly successful Business: Our award-winning products are selling in 26 markets globally and we are doubling our revenue every year (2020 even more!).
- The science: Emma actively engages in sleep science research and employs neuroscientists to invent SleepTech, not resell.
- Exiting new Tech Platform coming up: Emma's new platform architecture is in the making and the first IoT / smart product launched
- The next big thing: Now, we put the 'Tech' in 'SleepTech'
- Responsibility and decision-making authority from your first day
- The opportunity to work on challenging tasks that contribute to your professional growth
- Work independently, yet aligned and as part of a dedicated, international and diverse team
- The opportunity to help shape our company culture
- Work with and learn from experts in diverse fields
Become an Emmie
At Emma, you'll be joining a highly ambitious company on a global mission to lead, disrupt and reinvent the sleep industry. Ready to work hard and help us get there? Directly apply through our application portal and become part of our exceptional team.
Emma proudly celebrates diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting inclusion in our workplace. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Information regarding COVID-19: Your application will continue to be processed as usual by our recruiting team. All interviews take place via video call or phone.