This Consultant position is a part of FTI's Technology Consulting team which provide clients with a combination of industry leading technology together with award-winning consulting and services.
As part of the London based team, the Consultant will be cross trained in various e-discovery skills and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be part of a cross-functional team that manages all areas related to the collection, migration, processing, analysis, conversion, quality assurance, tracking, and management of client data. In particular:
- Liaise with clients and project managers regarding client requests
- Plan and execute electronic evidence collection exercises, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and cull data from electronic evidence sources
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities. (Minimal notice possible)
What we offer you:
Consultants will experience a broad range of clients, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments. Throughout the role, Consultants will have opportunities to manage sections of projects, develop custom solutions and build client relationships.
You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across the e-discovery lifecycle to support you in gaining exposure and working towards obtaining industry-recognised qualifications. Mainly a rotation within the Digital Forensics and Discovery teams to gain an understanding of the data and how to deal with client issues.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients' offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Requirements for the Graduate Scheme:
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team's goals above individual goals
- Good communicator who can perform in a client facing role
- Familiarity with computer and server hardware, operating systems, software and metadata
- Knowledge and understanding of data manipulation tasks, data conversion and data analysis activities in a SQL environment
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Experience working in an e-discovery or technology related role
- E-discovery experience or experience managing document reviews
- Experience supporting or working within document review applications
- Familiarity with email servers(e.g. Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
- Litigation support experience or knowledge
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.