We provide financial restructuring services and advice to underperforming and financially stressed businesses, their lenders, shareholders and other stakeholders of companies experiencing unfavourable situations arising from liquidity problems, over-leverage, under-performance, right-sizing or other business transition issues. Our team has over 30 years global experience working on some of the most high-profile restructurings and insolvency cases, including Thomas Cook, Debenhams, Carillion and Steinhoff.
Our clients include all of the major global financial institutions, private equity houses, city law firms and many corporates. We work with clients across many industries to quickly ascertain key issues and to react immediately on behalf of our clients to implement viable and sustainable restructuring solutions and exit strategies.
As part of our Restructuring team, you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of fast-paced international restructuring and insolvency assignments.
What you will do:
Day to day responsibilities will vary depending on projects but are likely to include:
- Accounting and cashiering responsibilities for insolvency cases
- Dealing with various aspects of insolvency case management and compliance
- Setting up and maintaining files, records and project management controls
- Updating data analysis and updating spreadsheets and models
- Assisting in preparation of reports for creditors and other stakeholders
- Communicating with a range of stakeholders and dealing with their queries
- Assisting in the ongoing operations of trading businesses in administration
- Assisting more senior staff as required e.g. realisation of assets, sale of business
- Preparing dividends to be paid to creditors
- Researching company or sector specific opportunities
- Assisting with preparation of pitches for new jobs
- Preparing ad hoc market analysis
- Data manipulation / analysis for live projects
What we offer you:
Under the ACCA, you will work towards becoming a Chartered Accountant. We are committed to the development of our people and our in-house training scheme will complement your studies. Career progression is along a clearly defined route, with regular appraisals and professional guidance.
- Any degree discipline will be considered
- Ability to demonstrate ability to think logically and work with numbers
- Quantitative or semi-quantitative backgrounds preferred e.g. degrees in mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, chemistry, economics, business, management, accounting and finance are typical. However, if you have demonstrated strong numerical skills at A Level a numerical degree is not essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are also essential
- Good organisation, self-management, proactivity, and teamwork skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to think on your feet
- Interest and passion to continue to study towards achieving a Chartered Accountant qualification (ACCA)
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.