The Forensic Investigations team at FTI Consulting is an internationally recognised leader in investigation services to the business and legal community.
We sit within FTI Consulting's Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment, and work collaboratively with a range of teams including business intelligence, data analytics and computer forensics to undertake investigations involving corporate fraud, whistle-blowing, tracing of assets, and bribery and corruption allegations.
We work with law firms, banks, regulatory bodies and companies in the UK and around the world. We have particular expertise in working with internal and external counsel and boards of directors and senior managers in a wide range of industries.
The projects we work on require us to address issues which often have a critical impact on businesses.
We aim to answer questions such as:
- Who authorised the transaction?
- What was the chronology of events?
- When did the losses commence?
- Where did the monies or assets go?
- Why didn't anyone spot the problem earlier?
- How does the company ensure it does not happen again?
What you will do:
As a Consultant in the Forensic Investigations team, you will be exposed to a broad range of forensic and investigative work from day one, while at the same time studying for your Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
The kind of work you do will be project-specific, but will often fall under one of the following:
- Conducting investigative research into companies and individuals, either in preparation for or as part of project work
- Performing high-level and detailed analysis of an entity's financial records
- Reviewing an entity's internal and external communications to identify patterns and corroborate financial findings
- Summarising your findings for team members orally or in the form of memoranda, presentations or reports
- Attending project meetings with clients and their internal and external legal advisers
- Assisting with investigative interviews.
What we offer you:
You will have the opportunity to apply your skills and intelligence to real-world financial and business issues which will help develop you into an industry-expert consultant. You will collaborate with team members on project design, perform research and develop insights and conclusions.
We can also offer you:
- Support through your Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification as part of a three-year training contract
- Access to our comprehensive in-house learning and development programme
- The chance to be part of interesting and stimulating projects that will develop your technical and professional capabilities, including secondments to our clients
- The opportunity to work on assignments abroad or in collaboration with other members of our global team
- A well-defined career path with regular appraisals and professional guidance.
- Candidates will have the ability to identify key issues, think creatively and to work as part of a team
- Excellent academic qualifications (at least an upper second-class degree and a minimum of 360 UCAS points);
- Good numeracy and analytical skills;
- An eye for detail and an inquisitive nature, coupled with a clear belief in honesty and integrity; and
- Language skills are preferred, especially Italian, Arabic or Eastern European languages.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.