The Global Insurance Services Practice is a team of over 200 experienced insurance professionals supported by a global network of over 5,000 colleagues. We have first-hand insurance industry knowledge, combined with operational, technical and executional capability.
Our aim is to grow an insurance focused management consulting and actuarial practice in EMEA by focusing on the current and emerging needs of our clients. These clients turn to us for help with a wide variety of complex problems, including: providing expert testimony in claim and reinsurance disputes, strategy, mergers and acquisitions, capital, financial and risk management. We advise household names and specialist insurers in both general insurance and life across the region.
The Litigation, Dispute Resolution & Claims Consulting area of the practice offers a wide range of services related to the mitigation and resolution of insurance coverage disputes, for general insurance areas. Types of claims analyzed include both commercial and personal lines such as: Property & Casualty, Construction, Professional Indemnity, D&O, General Liability, Accident &Health, Workers Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Marine, Aviation, Cyber, Motor, Home, Pet, Travel.
We aim to give the successful candidate exposure across the sector and train the individuals to become insurance experts.
The primary work a graduate will be involved with includes, but is not limited to:
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Defending international insurers against large complex claims. Generally, the claims are presented by multi national corporations. The analysis relates to the evaluation of the insurance coverage, quantification of the potential loss, and application of relevant legal precedences and development of appropriate defences and technical insurance arguments in conjunction with external or internal counsel.
Review of large volumes of data to identify trends and anomalies to assist in the forecasting of liability. Forensic work also relates to the analysis of financial transactions to determine if premium and commissions were calculated and reinsurance ceded appropriately.
Mergers & Acquisitions Due Diligence
Analysing a potential sale or purchase of an insurer or liabilities from a corporate entity from a commercial, strategic, financial and/or accounting and operational standpoint.
Using statistical and quantification techniques to quantify potential liability an insurer or reinsurer may face to support litigation, settlements, reserving and business operations.
What you will do:
As a graduate in the GIS team, you will work on multiple projects in a wide variety of fields, gaining a large set of skills applicable to many different industries. The role will be focused on insurance and reinsurance dispute mitigation and resolution in the general insurance area, working alongside insurance and reinsurance technical accounting experts, actuaries, risk & governance specialists, and business transformation experts.
S ome of your day to day tasks may include:
- Aid in the delivery of core litigation projects - exceeding client expectations by demonstrating strong problem-solving skills to address project needs
- Learning how to manage complex models and/or research
- Working effectively with a diverse work force of colleagues and client staff
- Performing analytical work both individually and in wider teams
- Developing the understanding of technical issues
- Performing data checks on work done by colleagues to ensure a quality final product
- Developing an understanding of insurance business strategy and the components that underpin high performance
- Assist team members in targeting future clients, producing marketing material and collating case study information and ensuring internal reporting metrics are efficiently collated and presented.
What we offer you:
As a graduate in the GIS team, you will work on multiple projects in a wide variety of fields, gaining a large set of skills applicable to many different sectors, classes and industries. You will receive full study support for undertaking professional qualifications and exams. You will be assigned a coach who will be a member of the senior staff in GIS and will guide you through your career progression and work with you to ensure you get the experience you seek at FTI.
- We are looking for a motivated, inquisitive individual capable of thinking creatively, forensically, is detail focused and comfortable working as part of a team.
- Candidates must have achieved AAB at A-level or equivalent
- Achieved/On course to achieve at least a 2:1 degree with an interest in a mathematics, law, or finance
- A passion to work as a consultant at FTI Consulting
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.