The Information Governance (IG), Privacy & Security practice is designed to help organisations better manage their information. We work with clients to help them develop and implement IG solutions that reduce corporate risk, cut storage costs, secure data, improve the e-discovery process, comply with global regulatory requirements, and enable faster and deeper insight into data. Based on the Information Governance Reference Model, FTI Technology's IGPS is a fast-growing practice that has launched several consulting offerings designed to both minimize risk as well as reduce costs associated with the creation, sharing, use, production, and disposal of information. When combined with FTI's range of experts around the globe, this practice provides great strategic value to FTI's clients.
What you will do:
This Consultant position is part of FTI's Technology consulting group which provide clients with a combination of industry leading technology and award-winning consulting and services. In this role, you will be engaged in a variety of projects where you will provide strategic, technical, and regulatory guidance to client organizations on IGPS engagements, including global data protection compliance (e.g. GDPR) projects, data discovery and remediation projects (e.g. file share clean-up, system migration and decommissioning, divestiture data segregation, sensitive data quarantine), backup remediation, data breach projects, and more.
As part of the London based team, the Consultant will be cross trained in a wide range of information governance, data protection, technical and consulting skills and will assist on all phases of IGPS engagements. In particular:
- Support critical delivery of advisory and technical implementation projects in the IGPS space for corporations, law firms and government entities.
- Support with time critical technical projects which may involve data normalisation, data cleansing, data mapping, data transformation, application implementation projects which may involve a combination of enterprise tools, excel, SQL, access, Visio, and other tools.
- Support assessments, and work with diverse client stakeholders across technical, legal, and functional stakeholders and help to identify and document potential technical and regulatory data protection and information security related control gaps.
- Develop technology blueprints, target operating models, data mapping, policy, procedure, and guidance documents.
- Leverage file analysis and structured data archiving tools to help perform data assessments and remediation across diverse data sets (e.g. structured, cloud, etc.) as required to assist with compliance programmes.
- Interact with and report to other consultants, 3rd party suppliers, internal FTI stakeholders and/or clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Travel as required to clients sites and FTI offices to ensure effective delivery of IGPS engagements (Minimal notice possible).
- Meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary.
What we offer you
The Consultant will experience a broad range of clients, industries, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments. Throughout their role, the Consultant will have opportunities to support with a wide range of projects, develop custom solutions and build client relationships. You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across IGPS engagements to support you in gaining exposure and working towards obtaining industry-recognised qualifications. You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more
Requirements for the Graduate Scheme:
As IGPS is an emerging market, delivery of our services requires both high level strategic problem solving and meticulous attention to detail. The successful candidate will be/have:
- Achieved a minimum 2:1 BA/BSc degree or equivalent, with preference for undergraduate degrees in areas including law, information science, computer sciences, cybersecurity, or data related subjects.
- Keen interest in information governance, privacy and security and desire to learn.
- Excellent communication and client presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out innovative solutions.
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong logical skills and ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Ability to travel when required, with appreciation of working across a diverse European geography and in a global environment;
- Collaborative mindset with flexible approach and a desire to get things done focused on value.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team's goals above individual goals.
- Flexible with working hours and has the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Strong technical skills and exposure to a variety of enterprise technology and architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to diverse client requirements and make pragmatic recommendations and ability to produced client polished deliverables/work products.
- Ability or interest in supporting business development opportunities.
- Programming experience and/or rapid ability to learn new technologies are desirable, but not essential.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit our website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.