The Global Insurance Services Practice is a team of over 200 experienced insurance professionals supported by a global network of over 5,000 colleagues. We have first-hand insurance industry knowledge, combined with operational, technical and executional capability.
Our aim is to grow an insurance focused management consulting and actuarial practice in EMEA by focusing on the current and emerging needs of our clients. These clients turn to us for help with a wide variety of complex problems, including - providing expert guidance in the field of Analytics/Data, Strategy, Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital, Financial and Risk Management. We advise household names and specialist insurers in both general insurance and life across the region.
About the role:
The AADD function is a rapidly growing part of the GIS function with a 5-year (base case) revenue target of $3.5m. Its main purpose is to help insurers leverage data and analytical technology to maximize business value by using value-optimizing state of the art techniques. We operate in both Life and Non- Life spaces. As an integral part of the AADD team we will look for graduates in this space to develop into high quality data/analytics professionals having in- depth knowledge of the insurers operations and commercial objectives.
The AADD function has the following service offerings:
- Pricing and Portfolio Analytics - Traditional, technical advisory services
- ML Technology & Ecosystem - Advisory services on the latest pricing capabilities in the market
- Data/Analytics as a service - High volume, low price transaction service
- Future State AI and Alternative Solutions - Experimental applications of AI/ML and other closed form techniques
- Analytics/Data/Underwriting Strategy and Transformation - Tailored advisory services to our clients to meet specific needs that fall outside the previous four offerings
What you will do:
As a graduate in the GIS team, you will work on multiple projects in a wide variety of fields, gaining a large set of skills applicable to many different parts of the insurance/reinsurance ecosystem. The role will be focused on the data/analytics side of the business and you will work alongside other actuaries, underwriters, data science and pricing specialists.
Some of your day to day tasks may include:
- Aid in the delivery of core insurance projects- exceeding client expectations by demonstrating strong problem-solving skills to address project needs
- Learning how to manage complex data sets/analytical models
- Working effectively with a diverse work force of colleagues and client staff
- Performing analytical work both individually and in wider teams
- Developing the understanding of technical issues and applying them in the wider commercial context
- Performing data checks on work done by colleagues to ensure a quality final product
- Developing an understanding of insurance business strategy and the components that underpin high performance
- Assist team members in targeting future clients, producing marketing material and collating case study information and ensuring internal reporting metrics are efficiently collated and presented.
What we offer you:
As a graduate in the GIS team, you will work on multiple projects in a wide variety of fields, gaining a large set of skills applicable to many different sectors, classes and industries. You will receive full study support for undertaking professional qualifications and exams. You will be assigned a coach who will be a member of the senior staff in GIS and will guide you through your career progression and work with you to ensure you get the experience you seek at FTI.
- A motivated individual who has graduated with a degree in a numerate discipline like Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Data Science or Engineering.
- Candidates must have achieved AAB at A-level or equivalent
- Achieved/On course to achieve at least a 2:1 degree
- A passion to work as a consultant at FTI Consulting
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including:
- private medical insurance
- dental insurance
- life insurance
- income protection
- flex critical illness cover
- 5% employer pension contribution
- holiday buy
- discounted gym membership
- interest free travel loans
- paid volunteer hours
- corporate matching for charitable donations
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit the website and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.