TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• You are fluent in English (TME business language)
• You have good knowledge and some experience in problem solving
• You have knowledge of Windows and MS Office tools
• You are able to program in a scripting or similar language, and capability to learn others.
• You have a strong interest in understanding IT, OT/ICS Security.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organization skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
Your team and your responsibilities
Information Technology & Digital is a truly pan-European division with members based in Head Office, manufacturing plants, and National Sales & Marketing companies across Europe. We contribute to every part of our business from vehicle design through to connected navigation and in-car services.
The Plant & Product CyberSecurity team is responsible for managing and mitigating Security risks in our Manufacturing and vehicle back end environments to prevent material damage to our business.
The CyberSecurity Intern project consists of:
• On the job training to understanding the Toyota OT/ICS (Operational Technology / Industrial Control Systems) Environment.
• Working with the security team to understand the current security measures employed.
• Consideration of international security standards (ISA 62443, NIST, CIS etc.) & proposing security requirements to be included in manufacturing policies & supporting the manufacturing environment to implement security solutions.
• Working on a practical project to implement a proof of concept technology / solution to security requirements.
• Deploying this proof of concept across the Toyota Motor Europe Network, including project proposal, ROI and project documentation
• Technical training will be provided.
Place of employment: Belgium - Brussels (Evere) : Toyota Motor Europe, Head Office
Start date : September 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirements, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)