Space Applications Services is a company at the forefront of space technology development and the provision of services for human spaceflight, exploration and earth observation missions. Headquartered in Belgium (Brussels Area), with a research office in the Netherlands and a subsidiary in the USA, the company provides solutions for both commercial and institutional customers. We work with clients such as the European Space Agency, the European Commission, governmental and national space agencies as well as the major space industries.
The company develops payloads, avionics, robotics technology and products, and provides complete mission operations control centre solutions to EN9100 standards. The company also provides engineering, science and training services, including astronaut training. In our headquarters, we have a control centre room that operates commercial payloads on the International Space Station, and a laboratory comprising a cleanroom.
The successful candidate will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The position is in the Administration Department (comprised of 8 persons and 2 students/interns).
The candidate will mainly report to the Administration Department Manager and the Business Administrator.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Taking care of travel arrangements
- Preparing and following up written emails/letters with consistency, in an excellent level of English
- Preparing, maintaining and/or implementing office documents to the Company demanding standards, i.e. forms, lists, manuals, proposal submissions, procedures
- Being the contact person for suppliers, such as the estate agency of our building or for office matters
- Ensuring the good running of the office environment, i.e.: general tidiness, facility and device maintenance, office supplies stock and storage, safety and security compliances, cleaning crew workflow
- Coordinating smoothly the day-to-day operations, e.g. glass board content, procurement, shipments, deliveries flow
- Contributing to the external image of the Company, including the branding items, business cards, etc.
- Scheduling Company cars maintenance, arrival check-ups and other administrative duties
- Monitoring meeting rooms preparation and Company Events.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2-3 years of proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Proficiency in computer software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,…)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Multi-tasker, flexible and stress resistant
- A keen eye for detail and ability to merge tasks
- Thinking out of the box and energetic nature
- Very good written and spoken English; Dutch or French as a native language will be considered as an asset
- A driving licence is highly recommended.
What Do We Offer
- Working within a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands
- A professional working environment with motivated Engineers and Scientists coming from all different horizons
and countries with a common passion for space
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment
- A competitive remuneration package and excellent working conditions.
How To Apply
Send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) via our website (www.spaceapplications.com), to the attention of
Ms. Laura Der-Boghossian
Applications received through the “Careers” page of our website are reviewed in priority.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.
We are looking for someone to start mid of November 2021.