The Pictet Group is one of the world’s leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide. Currently employing more than 5000 people, Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where its workforce numbers over 600 people.
We are seeking to hire an HR Legal, Risks and Compliance Graduate to join our team in Luxembourg on a permanent contract. This is a unique 24-month experience, where we offer you a specific programme along with rotations in different teams (Luxembourg and Switzerland) to build your expertise and professional competencies.
Our Graduate Programme includes on- and off-the-job components, placing the emphasis on teamwork but also exploring your skillset, furthering your development and setting specific objectives.
You will join our Human Resources (HR) Department in Luxembourg and provide support to the team in the following areas of expertise: HR legal (regulations), risk and compliance. Your mission, aside from being part of the Pictet Group Graduate Programme, will be to help structure and professionalise these domains of expertise, while ensuring effective collaboration with the many stakeholders in Luxembourg entities as well as at our European branches. In this capacity, you will be primarily tasked with the following duties:
· Developing a deep understanding of Luxembourg employment policies and driving policy updates and changes whenever necessary or required
· Monitoring changes in employee-based regulations, collective agreements or legislation and ensuring that the appropriate amendments are made in both internal rules and policies as well as in HR practices, processes and/or systems.
· Assisting with the review, implementation and follow-up of HR audit recommendations as well as of delegated/outsourced HR activities and of the Internal Control System (ICS) on key HR processes.
· Contributing actively on topics such as market abuse, personal account dealing, external mandates, gift policy, etc., and formulating proposals and recommendations.
· Partnering with the learning & development team to set up training content and material relating to HR legal, risk and compliance topics.
· Managing or providing support on various ongoing projects.
As a member of our Group Graduate programme, you will develop your business know-how by working alongside accomplished professionals. Your initial training will be complemented by a professional certification relevant to your area of business.
Our programme will enable you to develop the interpersonal and self-leadership skills required in your future career as well as giving you the opportunity to build a network of peers within the company.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field: Human Resources, Business Administration or Law, or a qualification considered equivalent.
· Experience (up to two years) in an HR, audit, compliance or risk management function, ideally in a banking and/or international environment.
· Native speaker of English or French, with an excellent command of the other language; German would be an asset.
· Expert user of standard IT applications (MS Office).
· Substantial involvement in extracurricular activities contributing to specific projects (academic, humanitarian, etc.) would be highly appreciated.
· A strong interest in HR legal, risks and compliance as well as in IT and digitalisation.
· A keen sense of team spirit and collaboration.
· An enquiring, results-oriented mind, with an ability to innovate.
We will not accept any CVs via agencies.
Start date: 1 November or 1 December 2021.
Additional information about our Graduate Programme can be found on our Careers website: https://www.group.pictet/careers/students-graduates/graduate-programmes.
"In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description".