At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
As of now, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated postdoctoral life scientist experienced in in vivo preclinical pharmacology with strong interest in data analysis for PK/PD modeling and simulation to join our Biberach Research Team within the General Pharmacology group of the Drug Discovery Sciences (DDS) department. In your role, you will interact with General Pharmacology scientists to set up digital tools for study design and data analysis in collaboration with a dedicated PK/PD modeling team and you will drive model-informed decision making in drug discovery research, basic science and beyond.
This position is limited for three years.
Note: To make it easier to find our job advertisements, we use the usual designation "Post Doc". Of course, this advertisement is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate, but to all qualified candidates.
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you are responsible for the identification, set up and application of PK/PD modelling opportunities in the department General Pharmacology to support the continuous refinement of experimental models (e.g., optimization of study design and of data interpretation). In addition, you will study the pharmacological mechanisms of action of research compounds.
- You are responsible for the development and testing of PK/PD models in close collaboration with the PK/PD modeling team of DDS and the implementation of computational tools to translate models into a self-service platform.
- Furthermore, you support the coordination of projects and publish scientific papers.
- PhD in a field related to in vivo Pharmacology, Physiology, and laboratory animal sciences with master's degree in pharmacometrics, applied mathematics or systems biology
- Proven skills in PK, PK/PD, and/or longitudinal disease modelling. Proficiency in (statistical) programming languages (e.g., R) and pharmacometrics tools (e.g., Phoenix WinNonlin, NONMEM)
- In depth understanding of Physiology, Pharmacology- and DMPK-related topics with good understanding of PK/PD Modelling and Simulation
- Team player with excellent communication skills to collaborate / work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good command of spoken and written English; German language or willingness to practice with support appreciated
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.