At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
You are a highly talented and motivated metabolomics expert with a background in mass spectrometry? Then listen up, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for a new colleague to join our diverse and innovative metabolomics / biomarker team in our DMPK / Bioanalysis group at Boehringer Ingelheim in Biberach (Germany), the company's largest Research & Development site.
Be part of our team and combine your hands-on experience in the area of untargeted and targeted high-resolution mass spectrometry methodologies with your acquired advanced statistical data mining tools.
Interested? - Apply now and shape the future towards a better life for our patients!
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- You develop hands-on LC-MS-based approaches for the qualitative and quantitative analysis of circulating, endogenous biomolecules for the support of research and development projects with the primary focus on non-clinical drug safety.
- You analyze biological samples from non-clinical studies by high resolution mass spectrometry methodologies and advanced statistical software tools.
- You work closely with scientists from neighboring disciplines to put your results into context and support elucidating potential patho-mechanisms.
- Identifying and qualifying new safety relevant biomarkers to support innovative drug discovery and development programs is a central part of your profile.
- PhD in biology, analytical chemistry, food chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience in applied high resolution mass spectrometry coupled to liquid chromatography
- Practical experience in preparation techniques for biological sample material (e.g. plasma etc.), travelling wave ion mobility separation techniques, statistical software tools (multivariate analysis) and structure elucidation of small molecules by mass spectrometry would be highly beneficial
- Natural affinity to advanced data analysis and digital approaches as well as a hands-on attitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Cooperative and independent way of working as well as good organizational and communication skills
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English paired with basic German skills and the willingness to acquire a good conduct of German is necessary
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.