At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
About us: Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (gCBDS) @ Boehringer Ingelheim
We are part of our Discovery Research area within our Innovation Unit. Through In Silico methods combined with disease biology we want to increase human disease insights. Our ultimate goal is to drive faster and improved decision making in order to identify impactful first-in-class therapies for our patients.
We accelerate and incubate the digital transformation of our Innovation Unit through cutting edge digital sciences. We run a very exciting portfolio of digital initiatives and work across the Innovation Unit and the IT organization.
This position is placed in a multi-disciplinary environment and as new colleague in our team you lead the computational strategy for internal research programs in the "Central Nervous System (CNS) Disease Research" Department.
Our CNS department focuses on the development of drugs for psychiatric indications, whereas the global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences department is a key player to achieve this goal and to further disease related new therapeutic concepts from large-scale multi-omics datasets.
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you work closely with members of CNS Disease Research.
- You drive the computational side of some of the main CNS projects by defining the required work packages and delivering the results on-time and to a high-quality standard.
- You work with multiple-omics data, including transcriptomics (RNAseq, scRNAseq), proteomics, genotyping, and operate automated standard analysis pipelines with Linux-based local HPC and cloud-based environments. That includes working with queuing- and modern pipelining systems.
- With your expertise, you are the interface between CNS Disease Research and the NGS laboratory whilst being responsible for the definition, coordination and implementation of strategies for ongoing projects.
- Furthermore, you undertake extensive data analyses for the generation and testing of hypotheses in the context of new therapeutic concepts in cooperation with other members of the Computational Biology group or scientists from CNS Disease Research.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or systems biology research, alternatively master´s degree in this field with extensive professional experience of working in an international, industrial environment
- Experience in project management, specifically in the definition of project objectives, work packages and timelines as well as in assigning tasks and supervising team members in a matrix organization
- Sound expertise in multiple omics data analysis (e.g. RNA-Seq/single cell RNA-Seq), network biology and advanced data analysis (machine learning modelling, advanced clustering, surrogate variable analysis)
- Expertise in programming with R/Bioconductor (preferred) or Python
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. git/bitbucket) focused on well-documented and reproducible analyses
- An understanding of neuroscientific concepts in psychiatric diseases, hands-on experience in analyzing real world- & imaging data as well as expertise in signal processing (e.g. EEG data) is very nice to have.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and innovative thinking
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.