At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
About us: Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (gCBDS) @ Boehringer Ingelheim
We are part of the Discovery Research area within our Innovation Unit (IU). Through In Silico methods combined with disease biology we want to increase human disease insights. Our ultimate goal is to drive faster and improved decision making in order to identify impactful first-in-class therapies for our patients.
We accelerate and incubate the digital transformation of our Innovation Unit through cutting edge digital sciences.
You want to take advantage of your experience, to ultimately improve the quality of life? Provide and unlock FAIR data assets to boost the discovery and development of new medicines.
As Data Engineer you are accountable for enabling the transformation of data into insights. Fully leveraging your expertise in pharmacology research and data management you contribute to the ingestion and the maintenance of data necessary for driving approaches towards developing the next generation of high impact medicines.
Embedded in BI's growing Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences Unit you have an impact on reinventing R&D, thereby actively contributing to the discovery of breakthrough therapies that will increase human health.
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Data Engineer you work with data from multiple domains relevant for developing new therapies (e.g. RNAseq, single cell RNAseq, proteomics, imaging) and establish analysis strategies for these data domains.
- You support establishing and maintaining sustainable and comprehensive data assets according to the FAIR principles.
- You make these data assets available to therapeutic areas and data scientists within the Innovation Unit (IU).
- Together with other data engineers, software developers and life scientists you contribute to the development of data analysis- and visualization platforms.
- Within your domain, you enable cross-functional linking of data concepts, vocabularies, and taxonomies to ensure a seamless connection of data from different areas.
- PhD in biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, information sciences or a related field, alternatively completed Master studies with several years of professional experience
- Sound understanding of data integration- and management concepts like e.g. semantic data integration according to FAIR principles or efficient handling of large datasets
- Experience in omics data analysis, storage and maintenance is a plus
- Experience in programming- and query languages like SQL, SPARQL, R or Python (preferred).
- Experience in pipelining systems (e.g. Nextflow) would be a plus
- Excellent communication- and intercultural skills
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.