At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Take advantage of your experience, bring in your innovation and actively contribute to a sustainable project to improve the lives of cancer patients or patients suffering from autoimmune/inflammatory or infectious diseases.
As scientist, you combine cutting-edge scientific expertise in cellular immunology and in vitro pharmacology. Through hands-on work and collaboration, you bring new therapeutic concepts into the portfolio and help projects move forward towards development.
As scientist in the Cancer Immunology & Immune Modulation department within Discovery Research Germany, you will actively contribute and leverage available resources to help bringing innovative approaches to clinics and to patients.
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- With your strong scientific expertise, you develop ideas for new therapeutics for the immunological treatment of cancer, autoimmune- or infectious diseases.
- Through your own experiments and in collaboration with others, you drive projects forward in the drug development pipeline in a collaborative spirit.
- You work closely with other scientists from various backgrounds (computational biology, pharmacology, target discovery) on- or across sites as well as with external partners.
- Communicating information to key stakeholders with scientific rigor in a timely manner is part of your responsibilities too.
- You also actively contribute to a strong scientific culture and implement state-of-the-art technologies in the department.
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, oncology or a relevant field, preferably with several years of professional experience and proven ability to conduct research independently
- Solid hands-on experience in the isolation and culture of primary immune cells, flow cytometry and common immunology / cell biology techniques
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 technology and in working with antibodies
- Demonstrated ability to drive scientific projects (e.g. first author publications)
- Programming skills are advantageous
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.