At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
About us: Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences @ Boehringer Ingelheim
We are part of our Discovery Research area within our Innovation Unit. Through In Silico methods combined with disease biology we want to increase human disease insights. Our ultimate goal is to drive faster and improved decision making in order to identify impactful first-in-class therapies for our patients.
Embedded in BI's growing Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (gCBDS) Unit you have an impact on reinventing Research & Development, thereby actively contributing to the discovery of breakthrough therapies that will increase human health.
The global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences (gCBDS) department is engaged in target discovery research and the application of innovative methods to resolve causative factors in disease progression.
As Principal Scientist in a multi-disciplinary environment you identify novel putative targets by cutting edge in silico analyses. You strengthen new therapeutic concepts and identify biomarkers in the area of cardiometabolic diseases (e.g. retinopathies, NASH, obesity), using cutting-edge computational methods to drive faster, improved decision making, ultimately developing impactful therapies for our patients.
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com
Tasks & responsibilities
- Together with the therapeutic area (TA), you conceive and direct the implementation of data-driven solutions to support target identification, target-driven research and presentation of results to your stakeholders, the TA and the gCBDS management board.
- You work with data from multiple omics domains or genetics using established and innovative methods.
- In interdisciplinary teams you contribute to projects during all phases - from experimental design to downstream analysis.
- Aiming to push boundaries in drug discovery you establish and develop new analysis strategies in the field of omics data, network biology and machine learning.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology research or a similar disciplines with strong quantitative focus and excellent programming skills. Alternatively, master's degree with long-term professional experience
- Several years of professional expertise in the pharmaceutical industry with experience in conducting projects in cardiometabolic diseases
- In-depth knowledge in bioinformatics and computational biology with a focus on omics data
- Sound expertise in programming with R/Bioconductor and / or Python with a solid background in statistics and experimental design
- Previous experience in leading projects in cardiometabolic indications is a plus
- Highly motivated team player with excellent organization- and communication skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.