Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cloud Engineers in IBM's Garage are part of a cross-functional team delivering a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. As part of an entrepreneurial team, you will use contemporary technologies and approaches to design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. You will apply a user-centric approach to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve the desired client impact. You understand the nuances of different cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem) and implications for solution design. You understand the relationship among various technologies and architectures and how they contribute to the overall solution. You will develop a deep understanding of complex, large scale multi-region solutions which utilize multiple independent life cycle microservices. An ideal candidate will be familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development, and application of Agile methodologies.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and continuous learning; stay current on IBM strategies and offerings with understanding of technical principles of Docker and Kubernetes
- Use DevOps engineering practices and methods to plan and create software applications
- Employs IBM's Design Thinking to create products and services that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability; ensure that the implemented solutions are unit tested and ready to integrate in products
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills combined in an Agile process
- Engineer solutions in areas such as cloud foundation, cloud services, cloud management applications, machine learning, computational linguistics, natural language processing and security applications
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 1 year of client facing experience - strong, collaborative client relationships
- At least 1 year of experience building and deploying APIs (RESTful, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience building cloud-native solutions based on containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, or others)
- Hands-on experience of designing and implementing cloud solutions that implement CI/CD best practices (DevOps, DevSecOps, and/or GitOps)
- Fluent in German and English
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years in a client facing role building strong, collaborative relationships
- At least 2 years of experience building and deploying APIs (RESTful, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience building cloud-native solutions based on containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, or others)
- At least 2 years of experience designing and implementing cloud solutions that implement CI/CD best practices (DevOps, DevSecOps, and/or GitOps)
- At least 2 years of experience with various cloud solutions (hybrid, public, private, multi-cloud, on-prem) and experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, and/or IBM Cloud
- Networking DevOps/Development background
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.