At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The z/OS Data Gatherer (zDG) is used for monitoring and reporting the activity, controlling resource usage, and enabling workload optimization within the whole system, or even multiple systems. It is active in almost every z/OS environment to gather all types of data on system workloads and resources usage, at the same time enabling system health checking, goal attainment supervision, problem determination, trend analysis, and capacity planning.
Observability and monitoring capabilities are critical elements of the IT ecosystem: it is substantial to provide those capabilities so that they can be integrated with the solutions of other vendors using modern, platform-independent, data access points. To support the Hybrid Multicloud IBM and AI strategy, we are developing the corresponding services that empower the end-user to access the z/OS performance data in an easy way. Moreover, we are going to integrate these data with our cloud-common monitoring and AI solutions.
Having multiple components, starting with those implemented at low-level hardware-related programming languages and ending up with the state-of-the-art SaaS and FaaS architectures, zDG allows you to develop your skills in various ways. Besides software development, you can take advantage of working within the project that gathers most of the systems' data and enables you to evolve and use your skills of data processing, e.g., Data Mining and Machine Learning.
You will also have the opportunity to work on the latest cutting-edge software project at z /OS, helping to bring Artificial Intelligence into the z/OS operating system and the Z platform.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Application development, including coding, testing, deployment, and support
- Problem-solving through system data analysis
- Introducing your own ideas on product development and evolution, taking the responsibility to prove their consistency and initiative to conceptualize and implement them
Interested ? Available for 4-6 months ? Please check section 'Requirements' and apply online today. For processing your application fast and effectively, please upload (preferably in one single pdf file < 3 MB) the following: 1) motivation letter incl. your availability (earliest start & latest end date)
2) university enrollment document to prove that you are still studying
3) current transcript of records and other relevant certificates / references
4) Non-EU citizen studying in Germany: copy of residence and work permit
5) Non-EU citizen studying elsewhere: proof of identity incl. date & place of birth
Thank you !
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You are not afraid to discover the world of programming for the mainframe
- You are open-minded towards new challenges
- You have strong communication skills as well as strong target and result orientation
- You support the idea of Clean-Code-Development
- You have a clear picture that ambitions become a reality through the path of education and evolution
- You are a real team player
- High analytical and strategic competence are welcome
- Fluent German and/or English
Your technical profile:
- Studying (BA/BS) Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Linguistics, Business informatics, or related fields of study
- Strong knowledge and practical usage of Java (version 8) as an object-oriented programming language
- Basic understanding of REST
- Basic knowledge of Maven
- Hands-on experience with git
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Completed internship/working-student activity in the industry and/or several group projects during the education
- Basic knowledge and practical usage of Spring Framework or/and Java EE or/and Eclipse MicroProfile for the back-end applications
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.