Amazon is looking for ambitious, curious and versatile candidates to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
As a Workplace Health & Safety Intern, you will be a passionate advocate for creating and delivering safe yet efficient working environments. You must have excellent analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills, be an effective communicator, have a high sense of (internal) customer service and be able to work with cross-functional teams including Senior Management.
• Familiarize and help with the organization and processes for new launches
• Assist the Safety New Build Manager and the Safety Engineer in delivering safety excellent processes and operations
• Support safety process systems through participation in planned inspections of buildings, machines and jobs for accident prevention
• Perform and update Risk Assessments and Job Hazard Analyses
• Analyze accident data and develop standards to ensure prevention of accidents
• Supporting investigations linked to accidents and prepare accident reports to identify preventive safety measures for incorporation into the safety program
• Help to develop safety procedures and implement training programs to meet the needs of Managers and Associates in regards to critical safety issues
We want to hire the world's brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
• You are currently working towards a 2+ year university degree in Health & Safety, Engineering or similar discipline
• You must have the right to work in the country of employment by the start date
• Excellent analytical skills, preferably with advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g. macros, pivot tables, complex formulas)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Problem-solving mind set with proactive issue resolution
• You are able to demonstrate curiosity and pro-activity, which will allow you to gain greater autonomy in the course of the internship and make the most of your time with us to fully achieve your learning and development goals
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, and to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload even when faced with conflicting priorities
• Previous work experience - a summer job, internship; if it's an experience in a related field or business, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.