Job title: Internship Security & Loss Prevention
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
If you are motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be.
Because it's only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we're all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
The EU Security & Loss Prevention team supports the accomplishment of Amazon EU business targets and the strengthening of our market position and brand, by effectively protecting against relevant threats and by managing security and loss prevention risks.
We're looking for brilliant minds like yours that are inquisitive and curious.
First, you'll find out information about the currently deployed solutions and recommend potential changes and improvements: this is all part of our culture of continuous improvement. Next, you'll help develop new solutions to be implemented and administered quickly, to which future incremental improvements and increases in scope and functionality can be made.
You will be a key contributor to process development - updating current tools, developing new tools, and training team members. In addition, you'll be involved in reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business unit in their decision making process. We will educate and coach you on Six Sigma principles and tools.
We want to hire the world's brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
• You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Computer Science, Business Information Technology, or a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & local language.
• You must have the right to work in the country of employment by the start date
• You're fluent in MS Excel
• You maintain close attention-to-detail, your approach is always methodical as you build understanding of the bigger picture
• Process improvement experience - You come with the ability to innovate, simplify processes and practices
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to deliver results
• You're well organized: confident when working in a fast-paced environment, you stay on top of your deadlines and meet them consistently
• Some awareness of loss prevention or security management
• Enterprise wide software experience such as Salesforce
• Experience in a consulting environment
• Experience in project and/or vendor management
• You have previous work experience (this could be an internship or student job)