Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
This internship will offer you the unique opportunity to be part of a team who purchases everything, non-production related, which our employees need to work and our business needs to grow.
Global Indirect Procurement deployed E-invoicing through SAP Ariba and are continuously onboarding new suppliers. We work very closely with different stakeholders (Suppliers, Buyers, Finance, Shared Service Department in Ireland and European category managers). We are looking for an intern who can support our team with this process transformation and be involved in our project, called "Improve insight in spend".
- Vendor Enablement
- Respond to questions from suppliers and the business concerning e-Invoicing via Ariba Network.
- Making sure that the accounts and systems are set up correctly.
- Catalog Compliance
- Run the monthly catalog compliance reporting and report out.
- Support setting up new catalogs, new contracts and configuring features called Ariba Spot buy and Ariba Guided Buying for the different sites.
- Support the team with the spend reviews and classifications and vendor enablement.
- Support Guided Buying Optimization
We are looking for candidates who should be following a Bachelor's or Master's degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Supply Chain Management
- Finance / Economics / Business
- Marketing or commercial related studies
The preferred start date is on December 1st, 2021, and the ideal candidate is available 5 days a week for 5-7 months. It is possible to write a thesis for university purposes.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, curious and creative thinkers. Also, we expect you to have:
- Good knowledge of MS Excel or Google Sheets (Pivot tables and data visualization)
- Strong communication & language (German / French next to English is preferable) skills
- Ability to work in a team and provide individual results as well
- Initiative to explore, self-starter
- 550 euros per month compensation on full-time basis
- Commuting allowance (if applicable)
- Specific training offerings during your Internship to support your development
- Team-oriented and highly international environment, in which you get responsibility and the possibility to test your talents
Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer!
Only applications in English will be considered! Applicants need to be enrolled at a Dutch university for the whole duration of the internship.
Note: We do not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates using their personal email addresses.