A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine on our website.
We have a number of opportunities across the UK for Quantity Surveying graduates to work within our project cost management teams, to help provide construction cost management services to our clients in the UK and around the world.
AECOM provides Cost Management services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
- Commercial - new build, refurbishment and fit out for major property developers
- Manufacturing, Industrial and Automotive facilities for Clients such as Rolls Royce, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover
- Education establishments including schools, academies and universities
- Residential developments for developers such as Orbit, Waterloo and Bromford Housing
- Leisure and Culture projects such as theatres, concerts halls and museums
- Infrastructure schemes, including large scale rail, highways and water projects. Graduates will have the opportunity to work on local projects, as well as to interact with teams based across the UK and potentially further afield.
to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
The Cost Management role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for. The role is generally split in to pre and post contract duties, which can include:
- Cost modelling and cost planning
- Value and Risk Analysis
- Life Cycle costing
- Procurement tasks and managing tender processes
- Compilation of contract documentation Post Contract:
- Attendance at site progress meetings
- Completion of Valuations
- Financial reporting
- Due Diligence reporting
- Review and management of change control procedures.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying (preferably RICS accredited)
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live and work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution - where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK & Ireland. We will push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.