The company designs and manufactures a range of scientific instruments which use infra-red (IR) spectroscopy and are primarily deployed in the petroleum laboratory sector. Working within a dedicated and enthusiastic team of electronics, software and mechanical engineers the successful candidate will lead research into new areas, targeting the design of bench top or hand held products.
Key Skills and Experience
• In depth knowledge, from first principles of FT-IR and ATR-IR
• Relevant Degree (2:1 and above), Masters or PhD
• Familiarity and interest in other quantitative and qualitative analytical chemistry techniques such as MS, LC, GC-MS, HPLC, SFC
• Good knowledge of chemometrics (PLS) and statistical tools such as outlier detection
• First class communication skills with demonstrable ability to liaise with all areas of the business, write reports and provide relevant training
• Use of software tools such as Matlab, Labview and PLS toolbox
Send a CV and covering letter explaining why you would be good for the role.