About the job
Assist the team in its effort to build a more quantitative analysis of sectors/companies/the credit market.
The responsibilities are fulfilled through close collaboration with the rest of the team in London as well as with the FIRST team in both London and Lisbon.
The Credit Trading Desk Analyst team (C360) is responsible for:
- In-depth fundamental credit analysis of Banks and ESG strategy for credit markets;
- Generation of trade ideas;
- Marketing of views and trade ideas via regular commentaries.
This posiiton can be located either in our Lisbon or our Porto offices.
Your Main Activities Are
- Data quality maintenance and Update database in line with the guidelines form the Credit trading desk analyst team;
- Data analysis/ spreadsheets and model update / Reporting in line with the guidelines form the Credit trading desk analyst team;
- Contribution to daily morning mail and research publications;
- ESG analysis – RV, thematic etc.;
- Adhoc analysis linked to specific sector;
- Prepare presentation: Updating Power Point presentations for Senior Analysts going on client trips.
Profile and Skills to Success
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Equivalent;
- Previous experience in financial analysis;
- Interested by Financials Market;
- Keen to learn & Curious;
- Genuine interest in data analysis;
- Good understanding of financial analysis, basic accounting knowledge;
- Creative approach to problem solving;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Precision and rigorousness;
- Reliability and capacity to deliver;
- Autonomy and proactivity;
- Team spirit and ability to work with others;
- Analytical and quantitative skills - Good knowledge of Excel;
- A plus: Python & VBA (Keen to learn and to do it);
- Ability to process large amount of data and make extractions from various systems.
About the Team
BNP Paribas PCM is responsible for the primary (new issuance) and secondary trading of corporate (fins and non-fins) debt and related instruments such as CDS, indices, options and structured products. It comprises different roles such as syndicate, debt capital markets, trading, sales, structuring and desk analysts.
The Credit Trading Desk Analyst team (C360) is part of Global Markets PCM and is responsible for the in-depth fundamental credit analysis of corporates and sectors, monitoring of trading risk, generation of trade ideas, marketing of trade ideas and views on the market to institutional investors via regular write-ups.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193 000 Employees – including more than 148 000 in Europe.
- Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
- International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Primary Location: PT-11-Lisbon
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 2 years