POLITICO is seeking a talented and motivated team member to join us as the Brussels-based Office Life Assistant.
As an international media company, POLITICO offers a dynamic and international environment where the successful candidate will join a culture of motivated young professionals.
The Assistant will provide high quality service for our staff based in Brussels and our incoming visitors, whether on the phone or in the office, in order to make their experience with us as smooth as possible. As one of the first points of contact for both staff and visitors, it is essential for the successful candidate to have a keen sense of hospitality, positive attitude, and a problem-solving mentality.
- Coordinate office visits and meeting rooms, as well as equipment and catering.
- Handle travel
- Proactive approach to office management, inventory management and supply orders; following up on invoices.
- Serve as the timely liaison between employees and our external IT provider
- Onboard our new joiners in Brussels; serve as the backup, when needed, for other offices (Paris, London, Berlin)
- Provide support with various administrative tasks (word-processing, reporting, filing and scanning of documents, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) as needed
- Degree in one of the following: Management Assistant
- At least one year of work experience
- Professional knowledge of English and French; other European languages are an asset
- Good command of MS Office
- Comfortable with learning new IT platforms
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic and pro-active
- Detail-oriented, accurate and very organized
- Customer service and hospitality mindset
- A sense of humor
POLITICO, a global nonpartisan politics and policy news organization, launched in Europe in April 2015.
With operations based in Brussels and additional offices in London, Berlin and Paris, POLITICO connects the dots between global power centers. Its journalism lives online at politico.eu; in POLITICO Pro, the real-time policy intelligence service for professionals; in daily morning newsletters, such as Brussels Playbook and London Playbook; in print via a weekly newspaper; and through live events.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Additional Application Instructions
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter and your CV in English via this posting.
For questions, email [email protected] with the subject line: Office Life Assistant.