At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
The main reason for failure of late stage drug development programs is lack of efficacy. One goal of our High Throughput Biology (HTB) Group is the development of more physiologically relevant cellular assays which lay the foundation already at the earliest stages of drug discovery for higher success rates of novel therapies.
With your strong expertise in cell biology you drive the development of cutting-edge assays and technologies for the screening and profiling of novel drug candidates.
If you are looking for a new professional challenge and want to leverage your scientific career and publication record in the field of pharma-orientated scientific projects, apply for a Post Doc position at our biggest Research site in Biberach.
Discover our site now: xplorebiberach.com
Note: To make it easier to find our job advertisements, we use the usual designation "PostDoc". Of course, this advertisement is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate, but to all qualified candidates.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you establish and refine innovative physiologically relevant cellular models for fibrosis using both primary cells and iPSC-derived model cells.
- You deploy state-of-the-art biochemistry- and cell biology techniques
- Whilst acting at the interface between the High Throughput Biology (HTB) unit and our therapeutic areas, you are part of a scientific team responsible for the characterization of potential drugs with respect to their activity in-vitro and in-vivo.
- It is your responsibility to develop cellular assay protocols for screening and profiling of drug candidates.
- You have an excellent overview of scientific literature and can therefore capture emerging scientific and technological developments in the field.
- Communicating your proposals and results in team meetings, scientific conferences and peer-reviewed journals is also part of your profile.
- PhD in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy or related field
- Strong background and hands-on experience in cell biology
- Experience with TR-FRET, cells-to-CT RT-PCR, immune fluorescence or flow cytometry is a plus
- Experience with primary cells and / or iPSC-derived cells is also beneficial
- Team player with a passion for innovative solutions and excellent communication skills in English
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.