A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine on our website.
We have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK & Ireland for graduates to work within our Project Management Teams.
As a graduate project manager at AECOM, you have the opportunity to work on a number of exciting projects across a wide array of sectors. These include education, health care, sports facilities, residential and transport to name but a few, for both public and private sector clients.
The role of the Project Manager is dynamic and stimulating. As a graduate PM you will assist other members of the PM team to drive projects forward and ensure that our clients achieve the built assets that their business function requires. This involves working at all stages of the project from initial concept right through to construction and operation of the building. The PM is a key interface between the client, design team, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders.
The PM helps to ensure actions are carried out by the appropriate parties at the right times to ensure deadlines are met and that value is added to the clients projects.
To be effective in the role of a graduate PM you must have strong communication skills, be good at building relationships and rapport with the various parties involved in a project, be good at planning and managing your time, be highly motivated, and be committed to delivering excellent service to our clients.
Day to day duties include:
- Regular liaison with all relevant parties,
- Liaising/Assisting Senior/Associate Project Managers
- Contact administration,
- Data management
- Coordinating the project team
- Planning key tasks
- Reporting on progress and cost
- Site visits and meetings
- Bachelor's degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is essential.
- A Master's degree in Project Management or Construction Management & relevant work experience would be an advantage.
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP), along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Ireland, from over 40 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to
the environment we all live and work in.