Bring your degree and high calibre potential to our business-focused IT team and define the leadership of tomorrow. You'll work with any of our business groups and financial products within Corporate and Institutional Banking by providing technology solutions to business problems and identify opportunities to use the IT platform to support and evolve our business. Because technology touches every part of BNP Paribas and underpins every deal we make, our IT team is at the centre of our enterprise.
What you'll get to do
As part of the Technology team, you'll be responsible for developing, implementing, operating and maintaining cutting-edge applications used across the business. Your objective is to apply expertise in technology to business problems and deliver high-quality, practical solutions. That could mean developing new applications for our trading floors, supporting our traders and sales operations teams with their IT platform, setting up the infrastructure for a new office, or working with colleagues in other functions to develop tools to enhance our e-commerce, risk measurement, pricing and trade processing applications. Your role will specialise in one of the following:
Business and Technical Analysis
- Building a good relationship with key stakeholders in the platform to deliver the needs of their projects
- Documentation of project requirements in order for development teams to be able to implement them
- Attending prioritisation meetings to push for work to get done within the Agile model
- Raising of JIRA's as part of breaking down work required to be done
- Keeping management informed on project card statuses
- Debug issues in Production systems based on work previously worked on (or on behalf of colleagues)
- Understand the systems in depth to understand how solutions can work
- Responsibility to work solely developing on key sections of the platform
- Understanding of the system being worked on to be able to make informed changes and decisions about methods of implementation
- Ensure work gets into Production with help from test teams and BA's
- Communication with other developers and BA's to keep them informed on the status of tasks
- Provide support to the Support team as a 3rd line when issues occur in production that involve a code debug
Product Implementation, Analysis and Support
- Deliver first class support to business and IT users of the systems
- Documentation of process in order to enhance the knowledge base across the team and ability to follow said instructions of process
- Track incidents, follow up on problems and ensure logging is always done (ITIL)
- Build a working knowledge of the systems and business area in order to provide a high level of support
- Work with the rest of the global team to ensure they are all able to adequately provide a high level of system support.
- Prepare environments for releases and ensure that the implementation and pre-production tests are carried out
What we're looking for
Understanding complex technology is one aspect, but a firm grasp of business issues is also essential. You could be working closely with our trading floor to develop the software that enables them to make the split-second decisions that our business is founded on or using your creativity and initiative to enhance or support our state-of-the-art systems and databases. Whatever the task, our technologists work in a fast-moving environment where solutions move from concept to implementation in weeks and months rather than years.
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) in Bachelor's degree
- Experience with either: Python, C#, C++, Java, Angular JS, HTML, XML, VBA, IIS, Geneos Monitoring
- A passion for IT
- An ability to demonstrate a strong interest in IT (through studies, external projects/interests, work experience)
- Good communications skills - both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to work well within a team and to form good working relationships with external stakeholders and sponsors
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of financial markets
Code of Conduct
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Who are we?
We're one of the world's leading investment banks, also known as 'the bank for a changing world'. Being recognized as the World's Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility (2019) by Euromoney magazine, reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. We contribute to the real economy by providing world-class solutions to a wide range of clients, including individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. We're also home to more than 193,000 employees across 68 countries. As such, we take great pride in fostering an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment, where all are made to feel welcome from day one.