BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
As an intern you will assist and actively participate to the strategic sourcing activities for Metal products globally. The goal of the function is to deliver cost and productivity improvements while maintaining or improving product quality and vendor service levels.
You will work closely with the Global Direct Procurement Director as well as key stakeholders (both internal and external) to execute the cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. In this position, you will report directly to the Global Direct Sourcing Director
Global families under scope: Metal products
What you'll do:
Develop and implement sourcing strategies for Metal products family globally:
- Assist in identifying and prioritizing sourcing projects for Metal products,
- Take part in cross-functional teams in the execution of sourcing strategies
Monitor Metal products supplier performance & risk globally :
- Work with suppliers to ensure the sourcing strategy is implemented in accordance with guidelines set at Group level,
- Assist the Global Sourcing Director in solving operational issues with suppliers (e.g., quality, delivery and service issues),
- assist and co-ordinate regular supplier reviews
Maintain expertise development in METAL products globally :
- Monitor the current market trends,
- Identify and communicate new opportunities
Ensure security of supply :
- Proactively be involved in ensuring timely deliveries and be informed of supplier market information.
- Ability to master Excel spreadsheets & Power point presentation
- Interest for Procurement (ideally studying for degree)
- Fluent english
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.