The project aims at developing efficient and highly scalable software for molecular simulations, in particular for applications to biological systems.
The Master's project will be performed at the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine at the Forschungszentrum Jülich , Germany. The Institute offers a highly cross-disciplinary environment due to its strong connection with the RWTH Aachen University , Germany. We have access to state-of-the art computing platforms, and collaborations with many experimental labs that provide the data needed to the constant validation of our software and research applications. Our software is already very efficient and scalable; however, our applications' complexity is constantly growing. Therefore, there is always the need for improvements and optimizations. Your project will focus on the extension of our multiscale simulation software with new algorithms or physical models focusing on their performance and accuracy.
- Design and implement new state-of-the art computational algorithms for highly scalable molecular dynamics
- Test and validate the resulting software solution
- Bachelor degree in Physics, Computer Science, Computational Chemistry or related fields.
- Experience with C++ or Fortran programming language
- Knowledge of Density Functional Theory or Molecular Mechanics is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Unix operating system is highly appreciated
- Good spoken and written English
- Working in a motivated and highly interdisciplinary environment
- Opportunities of being part of the national and international scientific community
- Friendly working environment
- Possibility of publishing your results on peer-reviewed international scientific journals
- Dr. Viacheslav Bolnykh, [email protected]
- Dr. Emiliano Ippoliti, [email protected]
- Prof. Paolo Carloni, [email protected]
Institute of Advanced Simulations & Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (IAS-5/INM-9)