We are seeking an Applications Scientist (maternity leave) to support our X ray activities, primarily in HRXRD, XRD, XRR and XRDI. Bruker's Nano Surfaces and Metrology (BNSM) Division is the leader in advanced X-ray and AFM metrology for the silicon and compound semiconductor industries. The BSEMI division offers the most comprehensive portfolio of tools, based on AFM and X-ray technologies including XRD (X ray diffraction) and HRXRD (High Resolution X Ray Diffraction), XRDI (X ray diffraction imaging), XRR (X ray reflectometry), XRF (X ray fluorescence), and XCD (X ray Critical Dimensions).
Summary of responsibilities
- Provides technical expertise particularly through demonstrations of product capabilities (hardware and software) but also via support and qualification of company X-ray products as well as supporting sales presentations and customer training.
- Assists customers with assessing potential applications of company products to meet process metrology needs.
- ]Will work with our customers from before the sale, through demonstration measurements, delivery and installation to expert user support for applications.
- Ensures that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications including source inspection of the tools prior to shipment and following installation.
- Devises applications based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- Develops and disseminates Best Known Methods.
- Supports the core technology, engineering and production teams in qualification of new technologies, algorithms, methodologies, software and hardware features.
- Provides follow-up support to company sales staff and customer service personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Provides direct customer support for Applications.
What we are looking for
- Experience of metrology and characterisation techniques (preferably hands-on data collection and results analysis).
- Experience in X-ray materials characterisation techniques is a distinct advantage.
- Fluent in English with experience in technical communication (writing, presenting, discussing, listening).
- Good knowledge of materials engineering basics (basic crystallography, thermodynamics, kinetics, diffusion, etc.) is a distinct advantage.
- Experience with problem analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience of working in the semiconductor industry and in a fab is an advantage.
- Experience in reconciling results of similar measurements by different techniques preferred.
- Good knowledge of statistics and data analysis.
- Positive "can do" attitude, a highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong team player as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on achieving shared goals, but equally comfortable working independently when required. Strong orientation towards meeting customer expectations.
- Relishes working in a performance-driven environment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly inter-cultural awareness.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers and support groups within Bruker. Leadership skills.
- Resourceful, proactive, meticulous attention to detail. Ability to be creative under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Goal-oriented with good track record of achieving targets on time.
- Strong technical background - able to understand the problems that our customers are trying to solve, understand the customer's current and future metrology requirements, and recommend new metrology opportunities to Bruker.
- Strong customer-facing skills, in the creation and delivery of presentations of data and marketing materials and in obtaining customer feedback.
1Degree in physics or possibly material science, chemical engineering, chemistry or engineering (B.Sc. minimum, Masters or higher degree preferred).