Are you a great innovator? Do you know how to solve problems and increase efficiencies? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- acquire product and front-to-back process knowledge quickly and apply it to support highly structured or non-standard transactions
- understand risks and apply this knowledge to risk metrics
- support new or emerging business areas by identifying limitations including systems, risk and operational feasibility
- stay aware of current economic and market activity, keeping an eye on how this affects risks
- identify and propose potential solutions for addressing control gaps
You'll be working within Group Operations, the backbone of our organization. We manage processes for performance, control and efficiency. Our role is to deliver best-in-class post trade services across Investment Bank, Wealth Management and Asset Management. We do this by enhancing our front-to-back delivery, while standardizing and simplifying processes and infrastructure.
You need to be in the last year of your degree and have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. It doesn't matter what you're studying. (Really, it doesn't.) But we'd like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task - work in a team
- come up with ideas - perhaps you've organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you've achieved match the skills we're after.
We know that development opportunities are important to you and we want to make sure you you'll be successful. That's why our graduate training program is designed to ensure that you'll have an in-depth introduction to our firm and the business you will be part of. You'll start your UBS experience by participating in UBS Discovery, a training program that will bring you up to speed on our industry, strategy, capabilities and culture.
As you move into your target business you'll benefit from both business-specific and firm-wide on- and off-the-job training that will ensure you are a confident and competent contributor from day one.
Each business has its own program that varies in duration, scope and location, but they all share a similar approach that breaks down complex information into manageable elements. The teaching methods and environment encourage you to get to know your peers. In some areas, an extended induction period provides further team building and networking opportunities. You keep on learning once you join your team. You may be rotated through a number of desks and departments to broaden your product knowledge and extend your network of contacts. In some departments, regular lectures and presentation events allow for the sharing of knowledge as well as promoting team spirit. Ongoing training and development encourages your career progress.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.