Are you passionate about the role that businesses can play in tackling issues in our society? Do you want to be part of the team driving change that matters in UBS's local communities? We're looking for someone who can help us manage our multi-award winning Community Affairs program in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Be involved with the firm's financial grants to charities and social enterprises
- Build relationships with our charity partners
- Manage employee volunteering projects
- Help develop communications to spread the word
- Give advice and guidance to employees on fundraising
- Coordinate management information and analysis on the contributions and impacts of our program
You'll be within our Community Affairs team and will work closely with all members of the team and colleagues across the business to support our program and maximize the impact that we can have. The role gives an excellent insight into corporate responsibility and enables you to build a wide range of transferable business skills from project management to communications and stakeholder management.
You need to be in the last two years of your degree and have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree. It doesn't matter what you're studying. (Really, it doesn't.) But we'd like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas - perhaps you've organized a fundraising event or undertaken some volunteering? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you've achieved match the skills we're after.
On this 12 month industrial placement, you'll get to join our Community Affairs team. You'll still be working toward your university degree course while getting the opportunity to be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You'll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, your placement may result into a career-track graduate position.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.