As part of the Corporate Relations Department, CEMS is seeking a Corporate Relations Coordinator. This position will report directly to the CEMS Deputy Director.
Your main mission & responsibilities:
Your principal mission as a Corporate Relations Coordinator is to collaborate closely with the CEMS Corporate Relations Team, and with the CEMS Corporate Relations Coordinator Lead specifically, on the customer relationship management with a portfolio of CEMS Corporate Partners, and CEMS member schools. Additionally, to support the team in the organization of CEMS events and in the execution of projects within corporate relations.
- to ensure corporate partner engagement in the CEMS Alliance and in the CEMS Master’s in International Management programme, in close cooperation with our member schools’ corporate relations managers. This explicitly includes the joint retention of current and prospecting of potentially new corporate partners and the development of communication materials including evaluations and statistics.
- to facilitate the organization of the CEMS Global Career Forum comprising a number of networking events, workshops, and job fair as well as annual virtual recruitment events.
- to support the implementation of other regional and global career services events every year, engaging different stakeholders of the CEMS Alliance.
- The position implies traveling in Europe.
The CEMS Global Office is a team with a committed, entrepreneurial spirit in a dynamic environment. The successful candidate will have a customer and team work oriented personality, and be at ease with working independently. Flexibility and adaptability to diverse cultural environments are a key qualification.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of French and/or German as well as another major world language is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills with a strong attention to details;
- Demonstrated project /event management skills with the ability to multitask and work autonomously;
- Problem solving skills and capacity to work under pressure to deliver high quality results.
- Interpersonal skills.
Education & Experience
- Master degree required;
- Business background with 1-3 years’ experience ideally in HR, customer relationship management, career services and/or events management;
- Working experience with the database management and all the Pack Office.
- The collaborator will have the possibility to work several days per week remotely.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter in English, at the following email address: [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered.