Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
In order to support its accelerated growth, Back Market is looking for a Junior Fraud Intern to join its fast paced and dynamic Financial team in Paris as soon as possible. Responsible for the ongoing assessment of Fraud risks, you will organize the framework for action to monitor and prevent the risk of fraud on the Back Market platform.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT):
- You will evaluate and monitor high-risk transactions for potential fraud
- You will report on Fraud statistics and share fraud trends to improve team knowledge and detection rates- You will defend Chargebacks on behalf of BackMarket.
- You will suspend accounts as appropriate or lifting suspension based on appeal
- You will resolve customer fraud related emails- You will assist our customers and helping to resolve their disputes en claims inquiries
- You will work closely with internal Customer Support to ensure that while fraud risks are managed effectively, there is minimal friction to our customers
- You will analyse fraud & payment datas to identify vulnerabilities and take actions
YOU'RE AT THE RIGHT PLACE IF:
- You are graduating from a Licence and/or Master's degree and are looking for a 6 months internship
- You have an investigative mind and you are highly detail oriented
- You have a strong sense of confidentiality and integrity
- A first experience in fraud prevention and/or e-commerce is a plus
- You can speak with no brainer both French and English
- Business case and interview with Olivier, our Fraud Manager
- Interview with Ozan, our Fraud Specialist
- Interview with Laurène, our Head of Risk Payments & Fraud