It is a pleasure to announce that there are vacant positions as an Intumescent R&D Chemist at our R&D Laboratory in Flixborough for the right candidates.
- Technical leader for R&D projects and tasks, Carry out required development and maintenance tasks by planning, formulating, testing and evaluating recipes and raw materials to ensure that the R&D plan goals are met.
- Plan and execute own work
- Report the results from development and maintenance work.
- Search for and make use of relevant knowledge, including new technology, fields through literature, patents, courses, contact with raw material suppliers and internal sources.
- Proactively contribute to lab and department by implementing improvement initiatives and efficient working practices.
- Comply with Jotun working processes and procedures
- Competitive package and benefits
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- An international corporate culture founded on our four values; care, respect, loyalty and boldness
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Exposure to an international environment
What we are looking for
- Experience with product development, testing and raw material evaluation
- Willingness to learn the trade through physical and mental efforts
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, execute and report
- Acts on own initiative and takes responsibility to achieve results
- People and task oriented
- Makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully
- Produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Constructive teamwork - cooperates well with others; shares knowledge and information
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
Higher education in a scientific subject, chemistry, or similar, preferred (Bachelor, Master or PhD level)