Imerys is the word leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for the industry. We transform a unique range of minerals to deliver essential functions that are critical to our customers’ products and manufacturing process. We are seeking to fill our talent pipeline with our internship program.
As member of the Group Commercial Excellence team, the Commercial Excellence intern will contribute to the Company’s effort to implement a new Commercial Excellence program to boost organic growth. As such, he / she will participate under the lead of Commercial Excellence Manager(s) to the delivery of Commercial Excellence projects in the Group’s Business Areas. In addition to the Commercial Excellence projects, the intern may be involved in supporting activities related to the structuration of the overall Commercial Excellence program or other transversal initiatives of the program.
Scope of role : all Company Business Areas, JVs and geographies, as required
Key business partners : Business Areas and Corporate teams within the scope of Commercial Excellence projects, strong interaction with Commercial / Technical Sales & Marketing teams
The Commercial Excellence intern, under the supervision of a Commercial Excellence manager, will participate to the delivery of transversal Commercial Excellence projects.
For specific Business Areas / Market segments :
- Contribute to the diagnosis of Sales & Marketing capability gaps and paths to structurally fill most relevant gaps. This will include performing quantitative analysis and qualitative (e.g. interviews, workshop) activities
- Contribute to deliver work modules to selectively address the gaps (as defined through the diagnosis) and build relevant Sales & Marketing capabilities within the Business Areas, including new processes, tools, training requirements
- These work modules may include amongst others building data-driven market strategies, sales organization optimization (internal and external), sales pipeline management, strategic / tactical / value pricing, performance management.
Across Business Areas / for the company :
- Selectively participating to overall program structuration or transversal initiatives (e.g. codifying methodologies, preparing presentations and workshops for the program or the management of the Marketing & Sales/ Commercial Excellence champions community)
Business travels could take place
- Education : Business or Engineering student
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) and Google suite tools
- Strong team work abilities (working hand in hand with local teams, transferring methodological approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills (interacting with different levels of the Business Area’s Marketing & Sales and management teams, workshops facilitation)
- Knowledge of key Marketing & Sales concepts and methodologies
- Communication and ability to be a change driver
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluent in English, fluency in other languages is a strong plus
- Strong analytical skills : quantitative analysis, supported by a factual, rigorous and logical mind
- Critical mind, to challenge received wisdoms
- Synthetic mind, to summarize simply complex problems
- Team spirit (Communicates & Collaborates, transfers knowledge/ methodologies to divisions’ teams)
- Interpersonal communication, especially to be able to interact with different levels of the Business Area’s Marketing & Sales and management teams
- Good business sense (being able to understand intrinsic of the different divisions’ businesses)
- Customer focused