You'll be accountable for the technical design and delivery of the product functionalities based on the solutions agreed with the stakeholders (Architects, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and the customer themselves), with a strong emphasis on non-functional requirements (performance and reliability in particular) due to the mission critical nature of the DCS application requiring 24x7 availability.
We're looking for talented Computer Science graduates like you who share our passion for creating innovative, market leading technology. We don't expect you to know everything; you'll be supported by a buddy who'll help you to settle in and get to know the teams, both in the UK and across the globe.
Throughout your career with us, you'll have the opportunity to learn from some of the best minds in the travel tech industry. You'll learn new technologies and implement your ideas to produce tools and solutions that directly impact our business operations.
In this role you'll:
- Analyse needs and requirements from customer and internal sources, and propose functional/technical solution recommendations
- Deliver comprehensive and high-quality operational software, documentation, and unit/component tests necessary for the application
- Identify interactions and assess impacts with other Amadeus packages to ensure functional and technical compatibility
- Coordinate those interactions from building phase to delivery to ensure the compliance of the delivered functionality
- Identify technical risks and take responsibility for mitigating and managing them
- Establish and improve architectural design of applications
- Carry out the functional walk-through of the product with the Development team and Product Management
- Contribute to product quality by giving inputs for the test strategy and write feasibility studies/analysis documents
- Troubleshoot and investigate defects raised by our customers to ensure compliance of our products to the specifications and system integrity.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance to create high quality products and enhancements
- Contribute to innovation and product evolution by sharing with peers information such as industry trends & standards
About the ideal candidate:
- You'll have a degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or possess the equivalent experience
- You'll have studied or be experienced using C++, RDMS/SQL (Oracle preferred), Linux
- It's a plus if you have knowledge of other technologies (Kafka, Microsoft Azure, Kubernetes) and programming languages Java, Python
- An understanding of Kanban, SCRUM methodologies and what it takes to design, build, and operate a large scale, complex system that must operate flawlessly 24x7, 365 days per year
- You'll demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, analytical and conceptual thinking and customer focus
- Travel IT industry experience is a plus
- It will be a bonus if you have completed an internship or work placement
What we can offer you:
Extensive range of generous benefits including an opportunity to work flexibly, 28 days holiday, bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance, free car parking and discount schemes.
As well as:
- Working for a company that has been voted as a UK Top Employer for 4 consecutive years and recognized as a Financial Times Leader in Diversity
- Access to a comprehensive suite of learning and development tools
- Skills development and opportunities to innovate, take on project work
- A place where you can see your ideas come to life
- Experience in a company whose products and solutions impact millions of travellers from all around the globe
- The application process takes 10 minutes to complete.
- You just need to create your candidate profile in our system and upload your resume.