As part of the analytics team, you can expect to work both with other technical experts as well as with the strategy team. You will need to be interested in solving strategic problems for our clients, which means pragmatic solutions on strategy consulting timescales. Project lengths are 2-12weeks, so you will encounter a great variety of problems in different sectors. You will be in a supportive environment, where everyone is pulling together to deliver a great answer in the most efficient way possible. You will rapidly develop your commercial skills and become expert in the deploying advanced analytics in a pragmatic way that is sensitive to the data challenges faced by most businesses today.
About The Candidate
The analytics team is growing fast and looking to recruit smart graduates. We offer market-leading remuneration and rapid career development to individuals keen to get stuck in. We are looking for candidates able to demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate Degree in Economics, Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative field (Undergraduate degree First or Upper Second)
- Experience working with data-sets in an academic environment
- Demonstrated aptitude for statistics, with a clear interest to learn more
- Exposure to one or more programming languages (any language acceptable). Experience with R and/or Python and/or SAS/WPS is desirable but not essential
- An outgoing people person, who enjoys discussing their ideas and their work with others
- Rapidly produces clear and concise written work
- Collegial and collaborative; carries out fair share of work; consistently adds creative, insightful ideas; meets all deadlines; demonstrates ability to lead and motivate others we
At OC&C, we aim to provide a workplace which allows brilliant people to flourish, irrespective of their background. This begins with our recruitment, reducing unconscious bias by reviewing CVs without candidate demographic information.
We ask that all candidates remove their name and contact information from their CV and cover letter before submitting alongside their application. Please submit your CV and cover letter in one document.
Please also make sure that any correspondence from OC&C Strategy Consultants is included on your email providers safe sender list, as occasionally candidates have missed communication from us when emails have been directed into their junk folder.
About The Company
OC&C is a global strategy consulting firm with 11 offices around the world. We work for senior executives, providing solutions to some of the most exciting strategic problems in consulting today. We work across all sectors, but our London office specialises in Analytics, B2B Products & Services, Consumer Goods, Leisure & Hospitality, Media & Technology, Private Equity and Retail.