Business Unit/Role Specific Information
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our world-class global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and craft the future of the business. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high profile projects, analyzing and simplifying complex data to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will work on a challenging project, with an opportunity to learn about the culture and values of American Express, as well as network across regions and functions.
- Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights and draw conclusions
- Impeccable commercial awareness with ability to see the bigger picture and optimally collaborate to help influence senior leadership
- Eagerness to learn and use SQL to extract and manipulate data, or with other programming or scripting languages.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organised and thorough
- Ability to build relationships across teams and effective networking skills
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible- and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme (any degree field) in your penultimate year of study
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the UK is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team