Building lasting relationships is at the heart of our business- and that's exactly what members of our business development team do best. Use your entrepreneurial mindset and analytical approach to create rewarding opportunities for both our customers and yourself, while being backed by an iconic brand. Whether you're helping our customers get the most value from our range of innovative products and services, or collaborating internally across teams to deliver new solutions, your work can help us become an essential part of our customers' lives. Find your place in business development on #TeamAmex.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info
Business Development is critical for ensuring our organisation can grow. This comes from acquiring new customers whilst also growing our existing base. The Business Development team are responsible for a wide range of functions, from identifying and selling innovative ideas that make our customers' lives easier, providing analytical support to drive business strategy, and crafting our long term vision for how we will meet our customer needs - both today and in the future. As a company that has a passion for service and the ability to adapt with the changing times, these functions are essential to our continued success.
As part of this team, you'll be working on an exciting project aligned to the company's strategic, operational and financial goals. You will have the opportunity to drive and lead a challenging project and contribute to our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
What type of work can you expect to do in Business Development at American Express?
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience
- Research and analyse data to help American Express improve performance and drive growth
- Develop relationships with varied internal and external partners
- Lead end-to-end sales or marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
- Track and report sales or marketing performance using a variety of key performance indicators to measure success and better understand the customer
- Share and utilise best practices, providing marketing consultancy to team
- A sample Business Development project could include using data and competitive information to build a market assessment, identifying a target market for sales activities and then contacting those clients
- Strong customer focus
- Project management skills
- Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme or a Master's programme in your final year of study (any degree field)
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we're supporting our customers' financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what's possible- and we're proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by 3 December 2021. The deadline for applications is 19th November 2021.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the UK is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.