Key Responsibilities: A large part of your work will involve tender enquiries, analysis of quotations and subcontractor procurement. You will also have overall responsibility for several smaller accounts, enabling you to develop your financial skills.
- To assist in the management of the day to day bill of quantities for the relevant sections of allocated projects to ensure financial efficiencies
- To provide advice and guidance to managers on achieving value for money
- Analyse subcontractor valuations
- To be focused on the cost control in line with the businesses' financial systems
- To liaise with the procurement teams as required to ensure compliance with financial parameters
- Assist in the production and monitoring of Applications/Final Accounts
- Check agreed sub-contract Applications/Accounts
- Document control
- Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy
- To promote company values in all dealing with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
- Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values. Taking ownership for the work assigned to you.
We are looking for graduates with:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Degree or Masters in Quantity Surveying (Industry related disciplines considered)
- Right to work in the UK & Ireland
- Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the Graduate scheme
- Analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- A proven team player who can effectively work with others
- Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to working and learning
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the industry
- Familiar with all Microsoft packages
- Highly motivated
- Logical thinker with a willingness to learn
- Resilient and a flexible approach to working
- Results driven with strong communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Quantity Surveying experience
On the Ferrovial Construction Graduate scheme you will get:
- 3-year development programme in line with the UK Quantity Surveying framework
- Work with Contractors and Sub-contractors to develop effective partnerships
- Attend a variety of blended training to develop your technical, professional and behavioural skills
- You will start the process of becoming chartered with internal and external support
- Gain an understanding of Ferrovial Construction from a global perspective, with mobility opportunities
- And much more......
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience Please attach your CV and a cover letter.