RWE Supply & Trading Asia-Pacific Pte. Ltd, Singapore (SG)
Start date: July 2022
Drive your career with an energy leader
Looking for a graduate programme with real growth potential? Join us at the Asian headquarters of RWE Supply & Trading (RWEST) in Singapore and follow in the footsteps of the many RWEST managers and traders who came through the programme before you.
From day one, you’ll be helping us continue our expansion into new markets and locations. Throughout the programme, you’ll be developing the skills and knowledge you need to become an industry expert.
What you’ll be doing
Over two years, you’ll do four six-month rotations, starting off in Singapore with others potentially in Germany (Essen) or the UK (London or Swindon).
To make sure you build up a broad awareness of the business, at least one of your rotations will be in a non-trading function. Other than that, you get to choose which areas of the business you work in. These could include:
- Proprietary trading of commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG, metals)
- Commercial Asset Optimisation
- Analytical functions such as Structuring & Valuation or Risk Management
- Business support functions such as Back Office or Finance Controlling
What you’ll need to thrive
Passionate about the energy industry? Want to learn and grow alongside experienced industry experts? Looking to explore new markets with a commercial business that is growing on a global scale? Then you could be just the person we’re looking for.
Some relevant work experience is useful but not essential. What you must have is:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in a highly analytical and numerical subject such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Maritime, Economics or Data Sciences
- Excellent communication skills which combine fluent English and either Chinese or Japanese
- IT proficiency
- Strong team-working skills and a confident, sociable manner
- Commercial aptitude and entrepreneurial skills
- Analytical mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Desire to take accountability
- Flexibility and mobility needed to travel to multiple locations
A culture that empowers you
We give you the opportunity to shape your own career path – and the support you need to make it a success. This includes assigning you your own buddy and senior mentor and offering a wide range of development opportunities and networking events.
You will also enjoy:
- Access to a modern trading floor in a great location
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Open and diverse company culture
You can also find us on LinkedIn and Instagram
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Apply before 5th October 2021 with just a few clicks: 44499
Please note that it is mandatory to upload your CV and cover letter in English. You will need to submit these as one document to apply. Furthermore, your CV should include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH is the international trading house of RWE AG. With around 1,600 employees from 45 countries, we are active on Europe’s largest trading floor in Essen as well as in London, New York and Prague. On growth markets outside Europe, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, we are the hub for electricity, gas, biomass, raw materials and emission certificates.
In addition to providing large industrial companies and trading partners with energy supply solutions, we ensure commercial optimisation of RWE power stations, operate storage for natural gas and market renewable energy generated by RWE Renewables. Our innovative solutions pave the way to the future of energy – and to a sustainable life.
Education level: Bachelor's Degree
Work experience: Less than 6 months
Start contract date: 08-09-21