This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in shaping a new centre for AI in tertiary education. The centre will focus on practical help. It will support universities and colleges to implement and evaluate AI solutions and improve their AI maturity. You will be working with experts and senior people throughout tertiary education.
The EdTech and co-design eam's purpose is to?explore ideas for new products that use technology to?improve research and education in universities and colleges. We are looking to develop bold new ideas that can transform education and research. We use a rapid approach to innovation that aims to move from idea to proof of concept in a few months while still collaborating closely with?people from universities, colleges and the EdTech sector. The EdTech and?co-design?team is part of the Group CTO directorate which?is responsible for delivering?innovation and technology strategy for Jisc.
We are looking to add a graduate project lead (12 month full time) role to our team to work on the National centre for AI in tertiary education. This role will be approximately 40% project management and 60% product management. This is a great opportunity to build on existing project management knowledge and develop your skills in product development in an exciting area.
The graduate project lead responsibilities will include but will not be restricted to:
- Project management of the National centre ensuring that it delivers on time and to budget, high quality outputs that offer maximum strategic impact to the sectors Jisc supports. Project management will be carried out within Jisc's co-design approach, which takes an agile, gated approach to working with our key stakeholders to define, scope, test and shape projects and outputs.
- Plan and monitor the budget and other resources associated with the assigned programme and activity areas
- Working within an agile project management framework to ensure projects progress quickly or are stopped if necessary.
- Supporting product lead AI to develop business cases and assess markets for new products.
We want to make sure our people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, we focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working, including flexible hours and working from home.
We're always learning and developing. All our people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this.
Our benefits are great too. We offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays and three additional days Christmas closure) and flexible agile working
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
- The option to join a generous pension scheme
- A wide range of discounts, a cycle scheme, financial wellbeing savings and season ticket loans, as well as a range of other benefits
- We also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
What we are looking for
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can't tick every box but we realise the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist. So, if you can do most of what we're looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need.
We're ideally looking for someone who will offer excellent customer service and care with the following experience:
- Familiarity with agile project management methods.
- Familiarity with innovation and design processes.
- Strong interest in product development and management.
- Relevant academic or professional experience.