Space Applications Services is a company at the forefront of space technology development and the provision of services for human spaceflight, exploration and earth observation missions. Headquartered in Belgium (Brussels Area), with a research office in the Netherlands and a subsidiary in the USA, the company provides solutions for both commercial and institutional customers. We work with clients such as the European Space Agency, the European Commission, governmental and national space agencies as well as the major space industries.
The company develops payloads, avionics, robotics technology and products, and provides complete mission operations control centre solutions to EN9100 standards. The company also provides engineering, science and training services, including astronaut training. In our headquarters, we have a control centre room that operates commercial payloads on the International Space Station, and a laboratory comprising a cleanroom.
The successful Student will be based in our main office at Sint-Stevens-Woluwe (Brussels Area).
The Student job is available in the Human Resources (HR) Team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Duties include a selection of the following:
- Supporting the daily HR tasks and duties
- Maintaining the HR Folders and files in the Company Management and Information Application tool.
- Archiving and filing hard and electronics copies
- Supporting the recruitment daily operations (e.g. publication of job adverts, pre-screening candidates)
- Reviewing and updating existing documents (e.g. Templates, internal Staff CVs, Procedures).
Skills and Experience
- Currently enrolled in 3rd year of studies (or higher) in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management, Psychology or relevant studies
- Good knowledge of/or experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Attention to details and organisational skills
- Very good written and spoken English
- An experience in a similar administration position is an asset.
What Do We Offer
- A Student job for a minimum of 2 days /week during office hours
- An opportunity to develop multitasking, autonomy, and teamwork.
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere with motivated Staff coming from all different horizons and countries (with a common passion for space)
- A well-paid student contract for the summer period, renewable, with a potential permanent student position or internship.
How to apply
Apply via our website (www.spaceapplications.com) and send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English), along with your Student Attestation ([email protected]) and your availabilities, to the attention of Ms. Laura Der-Boghossian.
Applications received through the “Careers” page of our website are reviewed in priority.
The successful candidate shall be eligible to work as a student in Belgium.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.