Description de l'entreprise
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Description du poste
The Accounting team in Eurofins' Brussels corporate office is in charge of the accounting of eight service entities, which support Eurofins operating entities across the world. Our Accounting team is looking for a new Accounting Intern who will be responsible of the accounting, reporting and financial controlling (including preparation of documents linked to audit or tax requirements) of our eight Belgium service entities. Tasks include:
- Daily accounting for several entities, ensuring consistency with the Belgium and Group Chart of Accounts and rules and organizing appropriate supporting documentation;
- Weekly cash reporting, preparation of payments and cash forecasts;
- Accurate and timely Group reporting, on a monthly basis;
- Intercompany reconciliation, on a monthly basis;
- Accurate and timely local and legal reporting, on a monthly, quarterly or ad-hoc frequency;
- Data management (new suppliers or customers, payment conditions, bank details update, new Interco entities, ...);
- Establishment of VAT declarations and reclaims of foreign VAT;
- Preparation of statutory annual financial statements, including notes to the accounts;
- Dealing with ad hoc requests from the Group Accounting and Controlling team;
- Dealing with ad hoc requests from other Group services teams (such as compliance, treasury, legal or other financial directors);
- Regular inventories (for intercompany agreements, physical assets) and reconciliation with accounting records;
- Liaison with external auditors for annual audit and tax consultants for corporate income tax declarations (providing with explanations and supporting documentation);
- Supporting definition and implementation of enhancements of the accounting/finance processes and procedures;
- Taking over new entities and projects.
We are looking for 1 intern starting in January 2022.
The internship is a full-time compensated internship based in Brussels, Belgium.
The internship should last for 6 months.
- Recent graduate or student enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Finance/Accounting preferably in the final year of study
- Strong knowledge of accounting software
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to manage deadlines
- Independent team player who enjoys working in a small team
- Eager to work in an evolving, dynamic and multicultural environment
- Fluent in French and English, any additional languages are an asset
Life at Eurofins is a meritocracy, where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success. We encourage independent thinkers who challenge the status quo and never accept the market's or the company's "usual way of doing things".