Are you a hands-on graduate chemist who's interested in the fascinating and thriving environmental sector? If so, here's your chance to join our industry-leading hazardous waste transfer facility in South Oxfordshire and gain skills and experience, plus progression opportunities.
What you'll be doing as Site Chemist
- Joining a hard-working and highly skilled team, you'll help with the day-to-day operation of the transfer station - receiving incoming consignments of waste, checking documentation, completing waste transfer notes and raising non-conformances.
- Other duties will include unloading and loading lorries, operating forklift trucks (we'll train you up) and inspecting, classifying and segregating waste deliveries. You'll also be expected to muck in and help to sweep and jet-wash the yard to ensure a tidy site.
- The work of a Site Chemist involves an element of physical labour and conditions can be uncomfortable - e.g. working in a chemical protection suit.
- Pension scheme - auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
What we are looking for
- Good chemistry knowledge is a must
- This isn't a lab-based job so you'll need to show us that you're willing to work outside - perhaps you have experience of working outdoors, or an interest that involves being outside in all weathers.
- You're practical and hands-on.
- A safety-conscious approach.
- Full UK driving licence.
You have a degree (minimum HNC) in chemistry or a chemistry/environmental-related discipline.